Table of Contents
Multi Stream daemon (msd)
- is a program for organizing streaming IP TV on the network via HTTP.
One server can serve thousands of clients simultaneously.
The focus is on maximum performance, as well as a variety of subtle adjustments related to the perceptual quality of customer service: speed channel switching, fault tolerance transfer.
Implemented proxying one to many: the data received via the one HTTP connection to be given away to the set of connected clients.
Also available lite version Multi Stream daemon Lite (msd_lite) open source under the BSD license.
- support for IPv4 and IPv6
- analyzer MPEG2-TS stream
- Zero Copy on Send (ZCoS) - reduces the overhead of service connected clients, all the work of sending the data to the client assumes the OS kernel
- support half closed http clients
- receiving udp-multicast, including rtp, simultaneously with different interfaces
- receiving tcp-http-get (in a single stream and broadcast to multiple clients)
- automatic shut-off from the sources if there is no connected clients
- the use of various TCP Congestion Control algorithms depending on the port to which the client came and the URL the client's request
- “smart” sending MPEG2-TS headers new customers
- instantaneous sending new client data from the ring buffer in order to minimize waiting times start playback
- sending any additional http headers in requests and responses
- Templates settings for Stream Hub and Stream Src
- detailed statistics for each TCP connection, to help you find problems at the network level
How it works
Configuration file: msd.conf
msd -v -c /root/msd/msd.conf
see: msd -h
Demo version: http://www.netlab.linkpc.net/download/software/msd/ (limited period of use)